Name: The Bible is subject to interpretation- Pt 10 of WBC's GOD H8S vid
Update: Videos have been removed. Blog now shows video of all of them combined.
Bible Verse use:
2 Pet. 1:20: Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
So here we are big number ten.
Hitting this half way mark, I found my self reflecting on the time spent on this so far. I also found myself returning to previous entries to clean them up a bit. Which I do hope many of my readers will forgive me, in my haste to disprove such cults, I sometimes (often) find my spelling and grammar lacking. While I am still not not Catholic nor do I have any wish to be, I still appreciate the learning experience it has been for me. Learning the true message of the man Jesus, learning just how meanings of various words and phrases can change over the decades, and even learning a bit of Hebrew along the way! Perhaps you can remember with me quickly how, in past editions, I have wrote at length (and burning eyes ugh!) on how this or that translation could not only destroy the flow of a verse, but also cause a great amount of confusion. A very good and often sighted example of this is how the WBC used Jer 17:9 to show the hearts of humans are evil 24/7 365. If we used the same translation or interpretation for the rest of the bible, well Jesus turns into an evil most foul. Yea…Today’s video is somehow fitting for our half way mark. In today's review/rebuking; we have WBC cult member Fred Jr inform us that the bible is NOT subject to interpretation.That everything writing in the bible is the firm word of law of their god that can not be ignored, negotiated, or revised. As a not so hidden side message, the WBC also try to prove with this video is that everything they have said to date (and will continue to say) is also the world of law.
|From internet cats, to WBC|
Some examples of what the WBC Ignored:
- The first of our examples is the one Shirley hates the most. Sex before marriage is a sin. Hebrews 13:4 clearly states “Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.” What this means is God looks very poorly on people who corrupt or defile the “marriage bed”. The act of defiling such a sacred act and union (that is “whores”) was also a sin punishable by death. *1 Since the WBC follows a bitter god that has zero problem killing babies, shouldn’t they also have zero problems stoning Shirley to death?
- Frequently the WBC likes to hold themselves up as “god’s elect”, using this as ample justification to judge others. As already proving being “elect” means jack crap, does not Matthew 7:1 also say “Do not judge, or you too will be judged”. In their other rebuked video “Casting the first stone” they agree that only the sinless have the right to judge. So how are a cult rattled with abuse, infertility, thief, as well as other cases of less than acceptable behavior, able to judge others again?
- Matthew 7:2-5 states “For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.” In a previous issue when we explored one of Christ’s real message “be excellent to each other” and the above verse goes really well with that. What this verse is telling us is people with unwanted self importance (read: all the WBC) are condemned by the bible.
- For some nice further clarification, Ephesians 4:15 states this judgment (from neighbor to neighbor that is) is suppose to be in love, for we are all made in the image of a loving God. Purposely disrupting private events with grossly hateful signs (God hates x) is not how the bible recommends this should be done. Matthew 18:15–17 however does state this; it gives you the heads up that it is in a personal private setting, not protesting a funeral.
- 1 Peter 3 tells true Christians (that would be people who claim to follow Christ and ALL of his teachings) to "live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble."
- When the end times come (which is during Presdent Obama’s time as predicted by the WBC), it is said that God will judge in accordance with"...whatever you did not do for the least of these (the hungry, the thirsty, the stranger, the person needing clothes, the sick and the prisoner) you did not do for Me." Somehow I think having a tax-exempt status with 50’ plasma tv’s isn’t a good way to help the needy.
But Hank, didn’t you also imply they negotiated and revised stuff too?
It is said when someone believes without question that they are right, they will find anything to prove them as such. They will refuse to hear anything that may bring into question said belief, and will often get violent (by force or by law) to suppress any outspoken person. I once read in my journeys around the internet (this was by a Jehovah witness btw) that “watch out for anyone who refuses answer questions about their faith. Definitely watch out for people who tell others they will burn for not following”. While there is nothing wrong with having strong belief in ones idea, to simply state “your going to die and burn because you’re not like me” is just… well horrid. Take my mother and I, we agree to disagree on a lot, but neither one of us claim the other is going to hell to burn for it. But what does this have to do with the WBC? In fact, these deals exactly with how the negotiated and revised beliefs to suit themselves.
· In a previous entry I briefly went over how specifically the King James Version of the bible had (and still has) many glaring items. Below is a quick exert of what I said;
“For many of the “not so happy and loving” statement from the Christian faith, many glaring errors and the bible of the WBC, you can thank the King James edition. Contrary to what some may believe, the KJV was never without errors; and out of all the bible version, has the most numerous glaring errors. Believe it or not, it took several “retranslations” to arrive at the still questioned version some use today. For instance, one edition, Matthew 26:36 said, “Then cometh Judas” while today it reads “Then cometh Jesus.” Another example is the annoying referenced “thou shall not suffer a witch to live” that should be “thou shall not suffer a (users of foul and evil magic) to live” *2. The first edition also contained the Apocryphal books *3, which were later removed. Other editions humorously forgot the word “not” out of the seventh commandment, apparently telling people like Shirley it was ok and highly encouraged to commit adultery. Yet another edition read that the unrighteous would inherit heaven. Just something to think about…”
- Above, I already addressed how Ms Shirley partook not only the sin of sex before marriage, but also sired a bastard child, both are punishable by death*2. Hebrews 13:4 clearly states “Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.” Instead of being shunned or stoned, Shirley has actually become the main spokesperson for the cult. How did that happen? Watch this video, in fact watch it twice. Watch their reaction to being exposed; watch how they handle the fact. Listen to what they say! “Jesus died for my sins; he died on the cross for my sins”. One should not make excuses when one condemns others for the same thing.
- If your willing to take another trip down memory lane with me, perhaps you will recall the first entry of this series I did. The WBC mocked the world with a arrogant “We should accept people for who they are” video. In it, the informed us that this was a horrid lie that should never be believed, and only their interpretation of the bible was truth. Didn’t take me long to point out the errors in their ways.
- To date, every one of the WBC videos has failed to not only supply an accurate message, but they have also failed with compared to the bible they supposedly came from. This is the main problem with you try to reinterpret or twist words to fit your meaning, when you return to the actual source, WBC just fails hard.
- One, hell anyone, could easily continue with rebuking for at least another ten pages, but I think the point has been made, WBC you need to shape up! If you would like some further reading about the evils of the WBC I will point you towards this link.
I would like to end this rather blissfully short paper with a few words of wisdom:
- Hypocrisy is the most difficult and nerve-racking vice that any one can pursue; it needs an unceasing vigilance and a rare detachment of spirit. It cannot, like adultery or gluttony, be practiced at spare moments; it is a whole-time job. In a world with so much evil and pain, perhaps you should instead engage in more beneficial activities.
*1 I find it odd that the bible never addresses slaves who where forced into this act, or a mother desperate to feed her children (aka prostitution).
*2 This is all according to the bible btw, and most certainly do not reflect my views.